Give the chest-breastfeeding is the best choice for your baby grow strong and healthy. We started to give you all the information you need so you can take away all the doubts and questions you have.
1. Why breast milk is the best food for babies: This is where nature has provided. Suited to the needs of your child, even if it is premature.
2. What are the advantages? Addition of fats, sugars, proteins, water, vitamins and minerals in its just measure, the baby receives antibodies and white blood cells that strengthen your immune system, factors that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut and other substances that will be taking fewer chances of contracting allergies, diarrhea, respiratory tract infections or urinary tract, intestinal diseases and diabetes as adults. Through breast milk will also have a lower risk of sudden death.
3. Is the mother also benefits: The production of oxytocin helps the uterus to count and minimizes the chances of bleeding. Studies have confirmed that breastfeeding reduces the chance of osteoporosis and breast and ovarian cancer in adulthood.
4. What is sometimes impossible: The hipogalactia (lack or scarcity of milk) occurs rarely. Could cause a congenital deficiency of prolactin rare: hypothyroidism, retained placenta or taking oral contraceptives. Moreover, breastfeeding is contraindicated only in very rare cases, if the mother receives chemotherapy, if you have AIDS or taking a medication incompatible.
5. When I start breastfeeding? Sooner the better, if possible in the first hour. It has been found that infants placed on the chest of his mother, creep towards him and guided by their smell begin to suck before reaching their first hours of life.
Continue to read the 60 keys to successful breastfeeding (II)
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.